Thursday 22 September 2011

Seeing Red


I'm all about embracing your inner scarlet lady this weekend - be it a flicker of nail varnish, a lacy bra and knicker set or a cotton low v neck tshirt - rock something red....go on I dare you :-)

Here is my pick of the most fabulous pieces out there at the moment

Wide leg trousers from River Island £35

I am a huge fan of wide leg trousers, I think they look so smart and can be easily fashioned up with a funky slim fit top (I'm a particular fan of sequins or leopard print - or both!)  This red pair are definitely on my current wish list.

"River Island Loves" as does ETM

Skater dress from Miss Selfridge £42
www.missselfridge.co.uk
This little beauty will take you right through autumn, winter and well into spring.  The exposed zip and shoulder pads give it a Victoria Beckham esque feel.  It would look fabulous worn with  black opaques, platform heels, a leopard print clutch and a gold collar necklace - aaah, the perfect Saturday night outfit "I die" (Rachel Zoe).


Lace bandeau from Topshop £14

I love this bandeau, wear under a sheer top / blouse - much sexier and funkier than a bog standard black bra.  I advise folks to have at least two bandeau tops like these in your wardrobe (black and nude) they are so useful to wear under those hard to wear sheer tops and for dresses with low under arms.



How frickin fabUlous is this little bad boy - it's the bow that has got me. I just can't help it, I see a bow and my heart skips a beat!  Valentino £520



This little leather bracelet has a Hermes look to it (from a distance, to the untrained eye!) and is an easy way to inject a dash of colour to your outfit.  Would look very sophisticated worn with a black or camel coloured 3/4 length slim fit jumper.  Reiss £25
www.reissonline.com

And finally what every lady should have - a pair of killer red heels. This particular pair screams - minx (my favourite style/look).   Girls would ooh and ahh at them in admiration and boys would like them for a whole other reason (like I said, minx!) Aldo £110
www.aldoshoes.com

No comments: