Wednesday 4 January 2012

MakeUp to MakeOut in

I am currently obsessed with Soap & Glory's newly launched makeup range. 
I have been a fan of their bath and body products for a few years now - the packaging, the scents and the names (pulp friction - genius!) all add up to make a fab range.

Their makeup not only looks good, but works like a treat too.  My top two products are:

Kick Ass Concealer
I really struggle to find a decent concealer; they are always either too pale or don't do a good enough job at hiding my spots.  I'm not even, dare I say it (!) a big fan of YSL Touche Eclait.  However this little double layered pot works a treat.  The bottom layer is divided into two sections

1) under eye concealer - just what one needs in January after all those late December nights.  You can see a real difference when you appy to one eye and compare it with your other eye.
2) spot cover up - I'm sad to say that despite leaving my teenage years behind me many moons ago I'm still prone to "teen breakouts" from time to time (grr!)  This cream covers those pesky red bumps beautifully.
I use a lip brush to apply the concealer and it gives a lighter touch than your finger and you use the product more sparingly this way (2012 is all about making your money go further girls!)

The top layer has a mirror, a little sponge and a finishing powder which you gently press on over the areas you have used the concealer on and this just seals and sets it on your face.



 Really, you're getting three products for the price of one and all for £10.  Definitely a must have item for me.

Smoulder Kohl
Hands down, the best pencil liner I've used...and I can tell you now, I've been through many different ones over the years.  I use kohl on the inner rims of my eyes, and this liner goes on smoothly, without causing any eyewatering or irritation and really does last all day (I do my makeup at 6am and take it off when I get home about 6pm). 
Added bonus - it has a built in sharpener in the lid....it's the little useful extras that make Soap & Glory, for me, a grand brand!



 At £5 this is a really good value liner.

Soap and Glory makeup is available at larger Boots stores or online at http://www.boots.com/

No comments: