Wednesday 9 November 2011

GlossyBox - bringing glamour to your door

Oh the excitement of checking the post box on Monday morning to find this box of loveliness -


I recently signed up with GlossyBox; this is a genius idea where you can try out new beauty products in the comfort of your own home.  They send you a monthly personal beauty box with five selected luxury products allowing you to discover the latest and most exciting cosmetic and beauty products for £10 per month.

For me half the fun of a present is the opening of it.  There is just something special about a beautifully wrapped gift, the idea that someone has taken the time to use stickers and ribbon - I love it!



 Look what's inside!!
This month's box is called "Six Pack- The Glossy Box to end any beauty drought!"


 
Three Robert Piguet perfume tester bottles
Dermalogica Multivitamin Thermafoliant
Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex
Stila Eye Liner
Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque
Leighton Denny Nail Varnish in Sex Kitten
-Bonus Gift- Mini Dermalogica Wash Bag

--------------------------------------

My reviews of these products:

Recovery Masque £33 - this treatment smells expensive and luxurious.  The scent alone made me feel like I was having a spa treatment!  It is a thick peach coloured waxy cream that glides over the face.  I applied over my face and neck and as per the instructions left on for 15 minutes.  As I washed it off my skin felt immediately smoother.  It was like it has cleaned my skin deeper than the face masks that I normally use.  I would definitely recommend this product, at £33 it may seem like a hefty amount to spend on a face masque but the full size tube would last a good few months as the label suggests you use the masque once a week and you only need a small dollop to cover your full face and neck. I believe in saving and splurging and for me this is a splurge worthy product.

Multivitamin Thermafoliant £40.50.  This is a really good skin polisher, I applied after my face wash, rubbing in circular motions.  It heats up on contact with the skin (I love products that do that!) and it left my skin feeling smooth and ready for moisturising.  I've used this product twice a day for three days now and my skin definitely feels smoother all over and my t-zone is noticeably less greasy, so I am really pleased with the results.

Renewal Lip Complex £22.50.  This is one cute little tube!  it feels luscious on the lips and has a lovely glossy sheen, so you could easily use in place of a lipgloss.  The best accolade I can give this lip treatment is the longevity; after a couple of hours my lips are still coated and shiny - the balm hasn't worn off as many others would normally have done after only a short time after application.  This product arrived at the ideal time - just as winter is setting in and we find ourselves going out into the cold and then back into the central heated indoors.  My lips normally crack and chap at this time of year, so this is a great item to have in my handbag.

Stila Eye Liner in Moray £13.  This waterproof liner has a lovely sparkly undertone - it is discreet rather than in your face glittery!  For me it looks best worn under the lower lash line, I smudged it along with a cotton bud for a rock chicky kind of look.  I'll be interested to see how long the pen lasts, as I do like to apply liner everyday, so if it only lasts a few weeks it may be an expensive regular buy for me and I would be more likely to revert back to my £5 Rimmel one...fingers crossed it last coz I really like it!


Leighton Denny Nail Varnish in Sex Kitten £11. I received the silvery blue polish - not a colour that I would have necessarily picked myself, but once on my nails I really liked it.  Definitely needs two coats to give it a dense metallic finish (but then with most polishes you would expect to need to apply two coats).  The big test for me was the chip factor - I dont know what it is about me, but I just can't seem to not chip my nails after only a few hours (sometimes minutes!) of application.  You will be pleased to hear that I lasted two days before my thumb had a chip which I think is good going.  I would definitely consider this brand next time I'm after a new nail polish.


The mini wash bag was a lovely extra treat to the box and now has pride of place in my work handbag and filled with a ll the daily essentials - nail fail, concealer, kohl liner, lip gloss and mirror.

I have yet to try out the three Robery Piguet perfume samples - I have put them into my perfume sample basket which I raid for any weekend's away as it's easier to use a little tester bottle than to take a full sized bottle away.  But to be honest, these items were the ones I was least excited about receiving as I have "found my scent" (Tom Ford Black Orchid) and would be very hard pushed to stray away from that.  Also on a personal note I didn't like how they were presented in a pink organza bag - I just don't like those bags, they scream tacky (sorry GlossyBox - that really is my only criticism).

The Stila and Leighton Denny products are full size and equal in value to £24, so I do feel that you are getting your money's worth.  I also like the idea of trying different products each month as I find that my skin and hair need a change in product regularly.  They can become a bit lacklustre after a while of using the same face wash and shampoo etc.  So I think it's fair to say that I am suitably impressed with my first GlossyBox and look forward to the next one! 

 
Fancy signing up?  Visit www.glossybox.co.uk
for more details

(FYI you can cancel your subscription at any time, so you are not tied in for a year should you change your mind).

1 comment:

Rachel Platt said...

This might pose a problemo. I got the Feel Unique one this month after a tempting email and now I see there is this little beauty available. Looks like I might end up spending more on these boxes than on my gas bill!!!