Wednesday 23 January 2013

Storage & Display

I've done it, I've finally done it! Streamlined my makeup that is.
I was ruthless! Goodbye dried out mascara wand and dubious looking foundation sponge.
Each item was cleaned carefully with baby wipes, it's like I have a bag of new makeup now.
 
Everything is in reach - either on my dressing table or in the drawers next to it.
I decided to make a feature of some of the items as I felt they were too pretty to be hidden in a drawer.
 
I used a wooden bottle holder for my brushes and primers. Then I bought a brilliant perspex stand from Amazon for less than £10. It has compartments especially for lipsticks - my YSL collection are very happy in their new home.
This is not only aesthetically pleasing but it also means I know what colours and brushes I have without delving around or buying duplicates because I forgot I already had that eye liner.  It saves time as well...every minute extra in a morning is precious!

A place for everything and everything in its place :-)

ETM xo





No comments: