Monday 21 January 2013

My Daily Makeup Must Haves




These are the products that I swear by for my daytime makeup look,
for those of you that are interested :-)
 
 
Chanel Soleil Tan - bronzing makeup base. 
This is a fantastic bronzing cream, suitable for all skin tones.  I apply this with a foundation brush or if I'm wanting to contour, I use my fingers.  It gives your skin a lovely sheen without any shimmer, which is ideal for day to day use.  The texture is very light and you can build the product up depending on how bronzed you want to look.  My lovely, glamorous friend Caroline bought me this for my birthday in May, and I still have plenty left - so I would say a pot will last you a year which works out at very good value for money.
 
Topshop cream blush - "Head Over Heels"
Since discovering this blusher last year I have stocked up on three more just in case they discontinue it (Topshop makeup shades are always changing and I didn't want to risk not having this in my life!!)
I prefer a cream blush to a powder, I like to blend and I feel that it gives a softer, warmer feel to the skin.  For me, I like peachy / orange blushers rather than pinks, they give a more natural "pinched cheeks" look.
 
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - "Pebble"
I have majorly oily skin (my beautician keeps telling me that I'll be thankful for it as I get older; as oily skin stays smoother and younger looking...only time will tell!) so finding a good foundation that suits my skin is really important.  This "stay in place" liquid foundation works really well on my skin, it goes on smoothly and feels light.
 
Nars eyeshadow - "Bali"
To me, eyebrows are so important, they frame your whole face and a good brow can make your face look structured and youthful.  I use this eyeshadow to fill in my eyebrows and keep the shape that my beautician creates for me with my monthly HD brow treatment. 
 
Smashbox photo finish oil free primer
I'm all about the primer!  This is such an important first step in your makeup routine.  A good primer should make your makeup appear smooth and even and hold it all in place throughout the day.  My days are so long (I apply my makeup at 6am and take it off at 8pm) that I don't want to be worrying about everything sliding down my face by 3 o'clock!  I have tried soooo many primers, for me the Smashbox ones are the best.  They have loads to choose from, covering all skin types.  Simply smooth (don't rub) the cream over your face before applying your foundation.
 
Soap & Glory Super Cat liquid liner - black
I bloody love this!  The pen has a firm nib; this is what you want to look for in a liquid eyeliner.  Soft, brush like liquid liners are no good in my book.  A firm pen allows you to  confidently draw a straight, even line.  Mornings are a rush at the best of times, you don't want to be stressing about un even eyes or wobbly lines.  This pen goes on quick and easy and lasts all day.
 
Lancome Doll Eyes Mascara - black
I like this mascara, but I feel that the name is a tad misleading.  Don't buy this thinking that it's going to give you amazing doll like lashes.  The wand is a good curved shape, narrower at the end enabling you to get right into the corners of your eyes and you can layer it up and it never seems to clump.  This mascara won't be for everyone, it's not going to give you the illusion of thicker, fuller lashes.  But for me, this is a good week day mascara.
 
Nars eyeshadow base
I cannot praise this product enough!  As I mentioned I'm an oily gal and as a result I find that after just a couple of hours my eyeshadow wears off and sits in the creases of my lids and my eyeliner slides around - not a good look.  This eyeshadow base has put an end to that and I can now go confidently into the day without worrying about my eye makeup moving around my face.  It's a cream wand applicator, I dap a splodge on each eyelid and then smooth across the area with my finger. 
 
No 17 hideaway concealer - medium
This is a great, cheap concealer.  It has a light liquid consistency that doesn't leave your face feeling caked in makeup.  It's good for buliding up layers under your eyes for those really dark circle mornings.
 
Vaseline - pink bubbly
Surely a must have in every girl's makeup bag.  I love to wear lipstick, so it's important that I keep my lips smooth and soft in order for the lipstick to apply evenly.
 
There we have it; my working week makeup essentials.  I'll try to do another post this week with my "night out" makeup essentials.
 
ETM xo


No comments: