Thursday 1 December 2011

Sparkle Challenge - Day One

Happy December Folks!  The Sparkle Challege begins in earnest today......



My challenge to you is to wear something  with sparkles / sequins / glitter any or everyday in December and then either email emmataylormade@live.co.uk, tweet @emmataylormade (please use #sparklechallenge) or text me your sparkly piccies and each Friday I shall make montage of all the pics on here.  For those of you that may be a little camera shy just take a pic of your sequin jacket from the neck down or your hands with glittery nail polish; all contributions would be greatly appreciated - please and thank you!!!

Right let's get this  (glitter) ball rolling.....

December 1st

Today I Am Wearing - a sequin cape and glitter nails

Don't think that sequin capes should be reserved for dresses and parties only.  I've dressed mine down and worn it over a simple black shoulder padded jumper, then lined the two necklines up so it looks like the sequins are part of the top. 
Capes, shawls and scarves are a great inexpensive way of sprucing up your outfit.  I've also gone for glittery nails  - with a maroon base colour and gold glitter fleckles over the top.   Nail varnish is the simplest way of livening up your winter uniform of dark colours - and it brightens up your keyboard as you type away at work :-) 


Please excuse the sullen look and bleary eyes; this was taken at 6am (think I might have to take my pics later in the day...give my face time to wake up and cheer up!)


Jumper - Topshop £32
Cape - Primark £8

Nail Polish:
Base Colour - Rimmel "Celebrity Bash"
Top Colour - Saffron "Gold Glitter"



No comments: