Tuesday 4 October 2011

Tuesday's Top Four

1) The Great British Bake Off Final

"The cake lovers X-Factor" Sarah Rainey
The judges - Paul Hollywood & Mary Berry
It's finally here.  After seven weeks of cupcakes, scones, roulades, croissants and croquembouches - the surprise TV hit of the summer draws to a close this evening (8pm BBC2 ).  And the winner of Britain's best amateur baker is revealed....I like all three finalists but I have a particular soft spot for Mary-Anne Boermans.

Mary-Anne Boermans
GBBO has inspired us all to get out there and bake, with John Lewis reporting an increase in sales of three tiered cake stands by 46%.  As judge Mary Berry points out "baking is something we can all enjoy. With a recession on, people are out of work and they’ve started baking to relax and save money. It’s cheap and it’s enjoyable."  Heck, it's even inspired me to have a go, and I don't think I did too bad for my first attempt.  I certainly enjoyed the experience, I found it somewhat relaxing and satisfying - this weekend I'm going to attempt Cherry Cola-Float Cupcakes....On Your Marks, Get Set, BAKE!

my first attempt at baking



















2) Bow-tastic

I love this navy mock crock purse from Topshop, its just so cute.    And a good size, enough room for your cards and coins but small enough to fit in most of your handbags.  I do love getting a new wallet and having a purse reshuffle.  Going through all the random receipts, and odds and sods that you accumulate over time and then tidying it all out so you open your wallet and it all looks organised and pristine (until the next time you start pulling everything out whilst you are desperatley searching for your Tesco Club Card at the checkout!)
At £10 this purse would be the perfect midweek treat for one's self :-)


3) Match Perfection

I'm currently loving Rimmel's latest base range, Match Perfection.


The cream gel foundation (£6.99) is fab, it gives your skin a smooth, matt coverage that lasts all day.  I have trouble with my oily t-zone and am lost without my blotting pads, but with this foundation I find myself not needing them half as much.
I am also a fan of the illuminating concealer (£5.99).  It comes in a handy tube with a brush on the end, making application and blending very easy.  The fix and perfect primer (£6.99) is great to start off your makeup regime - cover your face with a light layer of this primer to give your skin a smooth base before applying your foundation.
Boots currently have a 3 for 2 offer on so you can get the Foundation, Concealer and Primer all for just £13.98 - great value for what I believe are products worthy of a higher price tag.


4) Dorothy Perkins Circular Cut Dress (£42)




I heart this Dotty P dress!  The scallop shape neckline is very Victoria Beckham, and I love anything that gives the illusion of a waspish waist.  And this peach waistband does just that. 
Wear With - black opaques, block heels and a patent peach clutch bag (or if you are a true fashionista a peach quilted Chanel 2.0 bag) for a sexy but ladylike look.  No need for any jewellery with this outfit other than a simple pair of stud earrings, let the dress do the talking.

No comments: