Tuesday 9 August 2011

Tuesday's Lust List

Things that have been floating my boat over the past seven days...

Number 1 - Topshop's newest nail varnish shade "Paint It On" 

This is a rich, luxurious colour that will look fab against grey and forest green clothing come Autumn / Winter.  I'm a big fan of Tophop's polish range they are pretty hard wearing, dont chip easily and they are continually coming up with new shades to compliment their clothing line.


Number 2 - Finca Flichman Malbec

This is offically my favourite red wine ever.  First discovered on honeymoon with Mr ETM earlier this year, we have since found that Waitrose Wine (www.waitrosewine.com) stocks it and as a result we have taken to ordering by the case :-) 
At just £7.59 a bottle it is really good vaule for what I consider to be a top wine.  Full bodied and smooth with what I think are hints of dried figs and blue cheese (but that's just my humble opinion - I'm more James May than Oz Clark when it comes to my wine knowledge!)

(my top wine tip - take a photo on your phone of the label of any wines that you try and like.  Makes it far easier the next time you are in the supermarket and are trying to find and remember the wine that you liked so much at dinner last week)

Number 3 - Daddy Beckham

I don't think I will ever tire of seeing pictures of David "the doting dad" - body boarding, picking up frozen yogurts, attending the Teen Choice Awards, playing football in the park -all with his three little lads.  And now Victoria has posted the most heart warming photo on Twitter (@victoriabeckham) of Harper and David sharing a cuddle.  J'adore David




Number 4 - Brogues with heels

Pixie Lott has long been sporting the brogue / playsuit look.  And it's just a look that I can't bring myself to embrace.  Maybe its my boat size feet, but brogues just make me feel stumpy, clumpy and not at all feminine, despite my love for them on the shelves.  So when I spied the latest take on the look - brogues with HEELS I thought, now this I can jump on board with.  The only questions is which pair to choose! Both the high street and designer stores are spoiling us for choice.
They will look fab with skinny flare jeans or with midi skirts and tights.

 
Celine £540 www.harveynichols.com


  
Kitsch Couture £40 www.bankfashion.co.uk



River Island £60 www.riverisland.com


French Connection £63 (sale price) www.asos.com


No comments: