Thursday 25 July 2013

Warm Weather Essentials

The sun has been a shining this month hasn't it....about blooming time too!
 
We English roses aren't used to the hot days and balmy nights, and neither is our skin!
 
These are my top products to use during the English summer (or whilst on your holiday)



NARS eye primer
I literally cannot imagine my life without this magic wand!  I have very oily skin and long working days, so I need products that will keep me looking fresh and matt. 
Apply this cream to your eyelids before doing your eyes and your eyeshadow and liner will stay in place all day long. 
Last week I applied my makeup at 5.30am, then went straight from work to the gym (I didn't have time to take my makeup off...very naughty I know) boxed for an hour in 28 degree heat and my eye makeup did not move an inch.  I don't think I could have put the product through its paces anymore than that! 

Kleenex shine absorbing sheets
I carry a pack in every handbag.  They are little purple sheets that you press onto your skin where ever you look a little shiny and they suck up all the moisture without removing or disturbing your make up and leave you looking fresh and matt.  You'll be amazed when you look at the sheet to see just how much oil was on your skin!

Sol De Janeiro coconut cooling spray
This spray smells so good, summer in a bottle.  Great for refreshing the skin (face and body) when the temperatures rise.  A must have for your beach bag.

Benefit stay flawless primer
There are sooo many primers on the market at the moment, it's almost overwhelming.  I've tried quite a few now, but this one works the best for me.  It's a chubby stick that you glide over your face (don't rub in) then apply your foundation on top.  You can almost feel it drawing into your skin as you put it on.  It doesn't feel heavy or greasy, some primers can leave you feeling like you've got a lot of product on your face by the time you've applied them, your foundation, powder and blusher.  I'd recommend going to your nearest Benefit counter and having a free makeover, try it out for yourself, see if it suits your skin.

No comments: