Tuesday 24 April 2012

April Shopping

Mooorning my lovely Made-ons!

Following my recent eBay selling spree I thought I'd treat myself to a few new pieces for my spring/summer wardrobe.

I just love colour be it pastel or neon, plain or patterned, a splash of colour or head to toe brights - anything goes.

Before leaving the house I look in the mirror and check that there's something on me - a top, nail varnish, hair clip, shoes - that has some vibrancy to it, as I really believe colour affects your mood and outlook:

Be Bold and Be Happy



These are the latest additions to my wardrobe.....


another leopard print top to add to my collection!  I'll be wearing this tucked into high waisted trousers with a black cardigan on top now and then come summer with white denim shorts and gladiator sandals.
I've had my eye on this beaded necklace in TopShop for a while now, I kept picking it up and putting it back because at £12.50 I thought it was a bit much for a piece of fashion jewellery.  But bingo! it went into the sale and at £6 I thought sod it, I'll have it!  The beads are in every fluroescent colour possible, and I loved the peace sign and tassle.  It will liven up a vest top and chinos outfit and will make a perfect accessory for my festival outfit (Stone Roses, Heaton Park baby!)
Top - Topshop
Necklace - Topshop


sheer, fluroescent, animal print and peplum - this top is 4 trends for the price of 1.
Now I know it looks a little bit TOWIE/Desperate Scousewives but it's all about how you wear it.  I'm thinking black skinny jeans and black pointed courts to keep it on the classy rather than brassy side.
Top - Primark

12 weeks til my holiday - woohoo!  I loved the colours on this bikini and thought they'd go well with my new brunette barnet.  I also like the fact that the halterneck is detachable, nothing worse than tan lines!
Bikini - Primark

my fluroscent obsession continues
I've only recently started to wear flat shoes (and that was only because I damaged my ankle and was forced out of heels for two weeks)  But you know what, flatties are growing on me!  I've decided that ballet pumps don't particularly suit me, I prefer a more structured shoe, so loafers are the perfect style for me.  I loved this pair as soon as I spotted them - the colour, the gold buckles and the tassles - perfect....made even more perfect by the fact that they were in the sale...get in!
Loafers - River Island

Wedding Outfit
I fell in lust with this clutch bag when I first spotted it on the cover of Grazia last month.  My heart literally skipped a beat and I knew I had to have it!  I used the bag as the strating point to planning my wedding guest outfit.  There are three large blue jewels on the bag and I picked these out as the key colour for my dress.  And so the hunt began for a blue number...and this dress ticked all the right boxes for me - knee length, pleated and ladylike neckline (golden rules for all wedding guests - don't go too short or to low neck).  It came with a nasty cheap looking brown belt, so I swapped this for a gold bow belt that finished it all off perfectly.  I'm now on the hunt for a pair of beige chunky heeled sandals and then I'm sorted.
Dress - Primark
Belt - ASOS
Clutch - River Island

This sparkly crop top appeals to the magpie within me.  At £40 it was a little extravagent I felt for a "novelty" top so I put it back on the shelf last month but low and behold there it was on Monday glistening in the window with a 50% off tag on.  I nipped in Topshop and elbowed my way through the sale rails desperatley hoping they'd have my size, and OMG they did (that never happens!)
I can't wait to wear this for my Girly Bank Holiday session in York - I'm thinking blue highwaisted trousers, piles of gold bangles, cerise clutch bag and beige court shoes.  Then come my summer holiday, I'll wear it with my blue maxi skirt and floral RayBans.
This necklace is a little beauty - thick gold with two yellow triangles, I know I'll be able to throw this over a simple tee or vest top and jeans, but I think it would also look good with my black strapless maxi dress on a summer's evening.
Top - Topshop
Necklace - Topshop

Bits and Bobs
Notebook - Cath Kidston
Liquid Eyeliner - Soap and Glory
Pink Lipstick Pen - Rimmel
Pink Blusher - Models Own
Snakeprint Hair Clip - TopShop
Kirby Grips - Primark
John Freida Finishing Gloss - Boots

No comments: